Gmail is a free, advertising-supported email service provided by Google. Users may access Gmail as secure webmail, as well as via POP3 or IMAP4 protocols.
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is an Internet standard for electronic mail (e-mail) transmission across Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
- Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Default port is 25, with SSL use 465 and with TLS use port 587
Internet message access protocol (IMAP) is a protocol for e-mail retrieval.
- Gmail IMAP server address: imap.gmail.com
- Default port is 143, With SSL use port 993
Post Office Protocol (POP3) is an application-layer Internet standard protocol used by local e-mail clients to retrieve e-mail from a remote server over a TCP/IP connection.
- Gmail POP3 server address: pop.gmail.com
- Default port is 110, With SSL use port 995